So..... It's 4:40 in the morning. I am currently laying on the couch in severe, throbbing pain.
Special thanks to my laptop.
Wait what? My laptop? Why yes, my laptop.
My story begins around midnight, when Aly and I decided to watch How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days, a classic for sure. Things were going just fine and dandy whilst watching our precious movie which I found at a steal of $5 (please refer to the poor college student reference in my previous post "ways to waste money") but we hadn't a care in the world!
Then hulla-buh-loo begin once the movie ended. Being it almost 2 in the morning, Aly and I decided it was time for bed. I began to pack my things into my back pack (I.e. My laptop) to head back to my apartment, but did not secure it into said backpack. Upon reaching down to grab my boots that I had taken off earlier that night, my laptop bounded from my backpack and SMACK fell on the floor. No worries now, no worries... I know the biggest "gasp" will be due to the fact that I 100% need a laptop to pass college and breaking it would be a complete disaster for sure, but, never fear, my laptops leap of faith was broken by my foot. Namely my pinky and forth toe.
(Side note):Now, I have owned and been involved with horses for over 10 years now and I have been stepped on by every size, shape, color and breed of the Equine family, and never in my life have I cried from being stepped on by half ton animals...but, of course, leave it to my 2 pound, half broken laptop to send me into a swirling uproar of profanities and tears.
Naturally, after several minutes of me bellowing out cries like a heifer in labor (do I sound like a hick yet?) Kareena went to get Rylee to save me from my pain. A mutual consensus was made-- by everyone but me-- to go to the ER because they were convinced my foot was broken & I was going to die, yada yada blah blah blah.
Long story short: I am now laying on the couch... Almost 5 in the morning... With two broken toes.
Surviving Rexburg? Surviving the Rise of the Planet of the Laptop.
Tata for now, Special K (aka Rogue Laptop attack survivor)
No comments:
Post a Comment