Rylee told me to blog, so here I am, and here I'll stay.
I have never been one of those people who has had even the littlest desire to blog, but I agreed at gun point to this (ha ha, just kidding) BUT I digress. I suppose since I deleted my twitter, this will be the replacement to my ever-so strong addiction to venting profusely via the internet.
So, Rexburg, Idaho. Oh, sweet, sweet Rexburg. It's definitely a little bit off the beaten path-- which, don't get me wrong, isn't a bad thing-- but it definitely lacks the small creature comforts of Tennessee. I miss being acres away from my neighbors, having a backyard (or ANY yard honestly) and my plethora of farm animals that roam around our place. Although Rexburg is beautiful and close to many different things I'll miss, such as the beautiful Teton mountains and the fact that I'm less than two (2) hours away from Yellowstone National Park (uh duh, there's buffalo), there are many things about Rexburg that will be happily left behind come 2am on April 12th when I hop my happy, but probably tired butt on the Salt Lake Express. Things like below freezing temperatures, and lofted TWIN SIZE beds, and -- I think this is the most important, and I capitalize for emphasis-- NEIGHBORS UPSTAIRS WHO STOMP AROUND LIKE OGRES ALL NIGHT. Can we be honest here? How have I dealt with this for a little over two months without blowin' a gasket...?
*2 am* *finally getting to sleep after a long night of talking to Rylee and Abby...and probably Kareena to procrastinate my homework. Then rushing through my homework*
Ahh, finally, my head finally hits my pillow....and without fail, the ogres hit the floor.
What in the actual could they be doing up there at 2:00 in the morning? It makes me think of the times when I was little and my sisters and I would jump off our beds, couches, and basically anything that was elevated, with a pillow case to see if it would act as a parachute. Long story short: it never worked.
Either way, whatever our lovely, annoying ogre neighbors are doing upstairs at ungodly hours of the night will be anything but a bittersweet goodbye come the end of the semester. I pray to God that my neighbors in my apartment on my mission are never like that.
Sincerely,
Special K
How I picture the semester will end:

No comments:
Post a Comment