Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Firsts

 Yeah... I'm talking about first times

Don't get me wrong, this is not the 'first time' you have in mind -.- I'm talking about the scary steps you take on your own.  First to graduate high school. First to leave the house. First to go to college. That's me, and you better believe one day ill be the first to say I did it and I'm proud of myself. It's not easy, but it is definitely worth it.
Sometimes I want to hop on the first flight out of here and get myself back to my sunny California where I can wear my sandals all day and actually show my ankles. I want to go to the place where I can jump into my bed and forget the world and all the responsibilities that come with growing up. I want the joy of hearing my mom in the kitchen cooking for me and knowing she'll call me when it's ready. I want home.
What makes me stay? How can I overlook what I WANT and focus on what I NEED? Well I think the only answer to that is God. I crave success, and have a burning desire to be accomplished, but I never knew it would be this hard to gain it. Good thing I also have a strong enough testimony of God's love for me to know he's the only reason I haven't fallen apart. And good things I made awesome crazy friends who keep me busy and never let me have a dull moment.
Truth is i never thought about what it's like to be on my own, and that is the scariest first anyone will encounter. Being on your own for the first time. For some time we cannot wait to experience that freedom, and we are anxious to make our own choices; then when we finally do we're scared and we don't want it anymore.
What can we do? Well it's never too late for ANOTHER FIRST. The first time we put our entire faith in the Lord. The first time we realize we need to find out who we are and where we are going. The first time we really find ourselves. Its a scary world filled of firsts, but we just gotta have faith and trust in our first. Heavenly Father. Reach up, he'll take your had. Forever. 

Love, 
The A Team


No comments:

Post a Comment