Monday, February 24, 2014

Same Love, Different Religion

You're completely, and madly in love with this boy and he is crazy for you back. You never fail to say "I love you" every 5 minutes; they're constantly on your mind and nothing else matters; you catch yourself at random depressing moments missing them so much; and you just count the days until you guys are together again, instead of doing something productive. 

I am Mormon, and I am in love with Jared, and he is Catholic. 

Our relationship happened out of nowhere-- he became someone I just admired from afar because of how well he dressed to one of the most important person in my life with just a few intellectual conversations and cups of herbal tea and coffee. We love every single, little, perfect imperfection about each other and we accept the weird mannerisms we have. I'd like to say that we're the perfect couple, to be honest. I'd also like to say that I want to marry him too-- that's how serious I am about this boy; 18 and already in love with someone enough that I want to spend the rest of my life with them. 

The difference in our religions is difficult, but it does not change how much I love him, in fact, it makes me love him even more. It makes me want to give him the happiness’s that truly make me happy-- the kind of love that he shows me, and the only true Gospel of Jesus Christ. Jared is the most amazing guy in the world, and he deserves all the happiness and love this world has to offer. He deserves to attain the truthfulness of the Gospel and the opportunity to be with his family forever. He deserves to feel the undying mercy that Heavenly Father privileges us and the hopeful grace that Jesus Christ showers us with. He deserves to know that when we do get married, it's not "'til death do us part," it is forever, always in all eternity. 

The love we have for each other is the same. We argue constantly on who loves who the most, and we stay stubborn and firm in saying "I love you more." But the beliefs we have spiritually are different, but not unsettling. Time and Heavenly Father will help me educate the love of my life about the eternal happiness he is able to obtain. A conversion is not a promise, but the fact that he knows about the Gospel, the thing that makes me the most happy besides the love he has for me, is a start and maybe, you never know-- we'll be sealed in the Temple, for time and all eternity. 

I am Mormon and I am in love with Jared, and he is Catholic.

Love,
Special K

No comments:

Post a Comment